Monday, September 16, 2013

To Someone I Don't Even Know Yet

Found this super lovely love letter from Rak Cerita's blog, written by the talented Sharima Umaya. Soon after reading this, all I could say was "God, I hope he's the right man you choose for me. Amen." 
You guys should read it too. It's too sweet, I could die for sure just by imagining that this guy also writes the same letter for me. :')

* * * * * *
"They say that perfect men are not real, I assume they’re true. The thing is, I don’t need a perfect man. I simply need you—someone I haven’t even known yet—who’s going to complete my incomplete puzzle, who loves me, passionately, just the way I am, someone who can understand my weirdness. That one particular person whose weirdness is compatible to mine, because I’m that weird.

I don’t know who you are now. Let me guess. You’re probably reading the newest TIMES edition at your favorite coffee shop after such a hard day at work, or maybe you’re reading a book, on your apartment’s balcony while gazing on Jakarta’s beautiful sky crappers.
Perhaps, you’re not even in Jakarta. What if you’re actually in a different timezone from me, reading a book you recently just bought from Barnes and Nobles in Central Park, New York City?

I’ve mentioned a lot about someone who reads. It’s probably because I want you to have the same hobby as I do. I want to read a book, with you by my side, let our minds wander in our own readings, experiencing what Mia and Vincent from Pulp Fiction did. When we can just shut our mouths up, and comfortably enjoy the silence.

Dear you,

I don’t know how we will meet and where we will see each other. Oh, probably I’ve already met you before. You’re probably the guy who always goes to the same bookshop as I do, or maybe once you went to the same cafe as I did. 
My mind is tired of wondering of what kind of person you are. Are you a guy who wears clothes with collars every single day? Are you someone who’s as simple as what you love to wear every single day, a comfy t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans? Are you a type of person who listens to Jazz music and love to write a piece of music, with soothing melody? I have no idea. And no, don’t worry. Once I already met you, I won’t compare you to my favorite fictional character ;)

To someone I don’t even know yet, someone who will make reality seem better than what romantic-happy-ending-novel always describes, someone who quotes a lot from books and always compares whenever a movie out of the book he reads come out, I love you. And I’ve been waiting for you to come."
With love,
The Girl Who Has Been Expecting to Meet You Soon
* * * * * * 

Maybe I have met you, or even befriend with you, but both of us don't know if we're meant to each other. If by any chance we met again, please give me signal. :')

No comments: